01 November 2012

Elizabeth & Philip : wedding sampler


A 1947 embroidered sampler commemorating the wedding of Elizabeth and Philip.  It features a verse from Patience Strong (who also had verses on birth samplers for Anne and Charles) and various English countryside motifs in the border.  Measures approx 50cm x 33.5cm.  Likely to have been sold either as a transfer or as fabric with the design already printed on.

If you know any more about this design - eg. where it was published/offered for sale - please do leave a comment.

1 comment:

  1. I have the embroidery transfer for this sampler and I know I will never have the time to stitch it. Yours is the only one I have seen stitched. I will take note of the colours just in case I ever do stitch mine. My transfer was an ebay purchase. Sylvia

    ReplyDelete

All blog comments are moderated (to catch spam). If you don't want your comment published (eg. you';re including an email address) then please indicate that. Your links, ideas and (copyright free) images are welcomed - I'd like this site to be as comprehensive as possible. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...