08 March 2012

Elizabeth II: coronation traycloth with crown and flowers

A little traycloth commemorating the coronation of Elizabeth II, that was on eBay.  I do wonder with these if they were used or just made and put away for a 'good' occasion that never came.  It looks as though it was done using a transfer design.



If you can shed any light on this - was it a transfer printed traycloth which came with the delicate crochet edging already worked, I wonder? - design source, who sold this etc: then please leave a comment.

1 comment:

  1. I have this traycloth in my collection. Worked in slightly different colours I think it must have come already stamped. The edge is the same, it is not hand crocheted but lace edge already machine stitched on.
    I think my traycloth was used in its past life and I use it now.

    ReplyDelete

All blog comments are moderated (to catch spam). If you don't want your comment published (eg. you';re including an email address) then please indicate that. Your links, ideas and (copyright free) images are welcomed - I'd like this site to be as comprehensive as possible. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...